The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Acoustic Guitar Discussion (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Blueberry Groove Review (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135911)

Jeff M 10-27-2008 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vision (Post 1638569)
Dear Jeff,

I read a number of guitar forums. You are right, there are always people on every forum that make it an unpleasant experience. This one is no exception. I have been insulted on some forums because I said how great the Adamas guitar was....only to be told it is a plastic guitar. Ignorance is bliss.

You don't have to accuse people or insinuate we are involved in trying to promote this brand just because you haven't seen us post before. If I am affiliated, I am wondering where my checks are. I really don't care if you, DM3MD et al are wondering if blueberry is having people do an all out assault on this forum. That sounds slightly paranoid to me. My post % should be high- all 4 or 5. I only posted because I was excited to see Blueberry being mentioned - of course the brave soul who initially posted the review got nothing but grief.

Let's look at the issues at hand,

New Company - weren't all companies NEW at one time?

The owner never confessed to know how to build a guitar - that is why he enlisted the best luthers he could find to go on this venture with him.

Majority of marketing through Ebay - I suppose you do not read guitar magazines. Blueberry put out an all out blitz advertising campaign with full page ads this past month. He has a number of dealers ready to sell his guitars but the economy is in the crapper if you haven't noticed and they are buying nothing - they are sitting on a great deal of inventory from other guitar manufactures and more than likely are begging for people to buy guitars before they go out of business. Blueberry does have a website if you ever took the time to check out.

Yep, now comes the Groove - something you can't wrap your head around. Something new - something that might turn out to change the thinking of some or it might fade away. Only time will tell.

As for your statement

"Nobody gives a rip as to what guitars you or anybody else owns, what sex they are, what state they live in.
What folks DO care about is not having this forum surreptitiously used by companies as a "marketing tool".
If you can't understand that, if that offends you...then perhaps you better step back a bit and look at the situation from other peoples viewpoint."

This is what I am talking about - I am trying to tell you that I am just one woman in Texas with guitars and you don't give a rip about any of it but DO care to know if I am clandestinely trying to use this forum to promote a brand of guitar. Classy!!! How in the world am I supposed to know that leaving 3 or 4 post would put me on the FBI forum list as covert partner of a NEW guitar company. If you can't understand that and if it offends you...then perhaps you better step back a bit and look at the situation from our point of view. We like the guitars and wanted to share what we thought about them. Period....No motives, no sinister plot.

Harmony Central has kept me for making some major mistakes in the past. If I see a guitar in a magazine that looks interesting, I go to harmony central. When I see people giving that guitar a 4 or 5 rating, I just saved myself money and disappointment. I noticed that Kevin, on this forum, owns and builds Omega guitars and has two harmony central reviews - very good reviews I might add. Have you asked Kevin if he put them there to generate interest in his own brand? He had two people review his guitars and they liked them. I am sure Kevin appreciated those two people taking the time to review his guitars. I can't help it if people are giving Blueberry guitars 9 and 10 ratings. People will just have to deal with that even if you and others think Harmony Central is a joke.

It is a new world out there Jeff - new guitar companies are popping up all over and they just might have some new innovations in their guitar that will not set well with the old standard and people that cannot accept change. God help the next person that has the audacity to talk about a new company since you and DM will turn into the KGB and immediately think they are trying to promote their own line of guitars or enlisting people to do it for them.

As I said, you would be better served by looking at this from other peoples point of view.

First subject;
This has nothing to do with "you".
You are just a ciber name on an internet forum.
As far as anybody knows, you could be the sister of the owner of Blueberry guitars.
You could claim to be Willie Nelson in drag...who are we to prove otherwise? Hence, your 6 stringed possessions, geographic locale and chromosomal status are irrelevant.
All anybody has to go on is what is posted here. How it is posted.
The only "objective" data available to tell people "who" you are is you post history.
24 posts.
100% about Blueberry guitars.

That's just the way it is.

Again, DM3MD hit the nail on the head;
Quote:

Originally Posted by DM3MD (Post 1638413)
Vision, if you are not associated with the company, it's my opinion you are doing them a huge disservice with the method you are using.

Second subject; Blueberry Guitars.

I don't have the patience to reiterate all my thoughts about them, but they are here in this thread if you need a review.
I may very well be wrong, but nothing in this thread has convinced me so.
If I ever come across one, I'll be interested in trying it out.

The world isn't new Vision.
Luthery has been around for several hundred years.
Wood hasn't suddenly changed it's biochemical makeup.
IS there some new "breakthrough" here? From what I have read, not one that by any stretch of the imagination is agreed upon.
Certainly not one that makes sense based upon what has been presented so far.
Putting out an "all out blitz advertising campaign with full page ads this past month" is not validation of their claims.

Until I see something that makes sense, I'll take all the marketing claims as just that.

Vision 10-27-2008 02:09 AM

Dear Jim,

I can see that nothing I say will convince you of my identity which really does not concern me. If you want a profile - you think that will ease your mind? I could say anything I want on a cyber profile since, by your account, I could possibly be the sister of the Blueberry owner or even better - Willie Nelson in drag. How do I know who you are? I can read your profile but still come away wondering how accurate it is. For all I know, you are Porter Wagner's son sitting in front of the computer in a blue sequined polyester suit with matching boots.

So what if my enormous 24 post count ( 7 on this particular thread) are about Blueberry guitars? What you do not say is that I have mentioned in other post about my Adamas guitars and in my own words, one amazing Taylor. You just want to harp on my statements about Blueberry guitars and the amazing 24 whole post I have made. I will have to search to see if your count is correct.

I am not trying to convince you of anything other than, in my opinion, I am impressed and happy to own several blueberry guitars. If I told someone to try one...so what! Why put something down that you have never even played? I have never played a Jim Olson but I bet it would be amazing from what everyone says who owns one. I can actually believe people who have played them and not questioned their price, how they are made or what makes them sooooo much better than any guitar they have ever played.

You are the one that made the remark that their main advertising is coming from Ebay. I just told you differently concerning the full page ads. That is called major marketing! I seriously doubt if Blueberry would throw out that kind of money if they didn't think they had something special. Awww, there I go again - marketing their product.

Of course nothing is agreed upon on this thread because no one that is questioning them has played the guitars. What does anything have to do with 'wood hasn't suddenly changed it's biochemical makeup'? and there is nothing biochemical about wood.

This IS a new world Jeff. If you kept up with it, you would see all the NEW companies coming on to the scene. People will and are experimenting with new ideas in the construction of guitars. Yes luthery has been around for a very long time. What is your point? I am talking about today, right now there are people ready to hit the market with their own creations and their own ideas. Do you have to like them....no. I am sure you won't.

You have made a mountain out of a mole hill from my simply posts about a guitar. I never thought by voicing my opinions, it would end up in the war of words with you. I will make sure that you never see my name again concerning these guitars since it seems to upset you that the few people who have come on this forum to talk about them must have a motive other than just praising a guitar that is being played by us.

I have based some of my decisions of buying a guitar by reading reviews on Harmony and have yet to be disappointed. If it is such a joke, I guess I can laugh at the thousands of reviews of Martins and Taylors.

BTW - thank you for NOT reiterating all you thoughts about them. I have about the same amount of patience left as you do.

Vision 10-27-2008 03:02 AM

Jim - are you kidding me on this posting mess. I went back and checked - besides having 8 on this thread - 3 or 4 have been fighting with you - the other thread was last year. 3 or 4 post about blueberry guitars, 3 post of pictures - one of which was a Fender tele. 5 or 6 post to a friend from the ovation fan club which we talked about the Adamas guitars. 3 post kidding around with other posters - 1 post complimenting someone on the pictures they put on the thread and by the way, I was asked to put up those pictures by member on the Acoustic forum.

Get a life Jim!!!!

mmmaak 10-27-2008 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vision (Post 1638610)
Get a life Jim!!!!

Unless we adhere to the "Be Nice" rule, a mod is going to come along soon enough and close down this thread (which, admittedly, wouldn't be a bad idea seeing where it's going :D)

Vision....if you are indeed who you claim to be and have no affiliations with Blueberry, then I see no need to continue defending your position. We have intelligent posters on these forums, and I'm sure they'll come to their own educated conclusions based on the evidence presented. Please don't judge our thousands of members based on the conflicts you may have with a few.

(not trying to take sides here, Jeff :))

I hope you continue contributing to the forum whether or not your posts involve Blueberry guitars.

wthurman 10-27-2008 04:12 AM

So true, MMMak.

I think views have been expressed, argued with, and reiterated until it has become little more than chest-bumping.

Thanks!

Wade