The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Acoustic Guitar Discussion (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   AGF Classifieds...got to stop (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=396054)

Br1ck 08-02-2015 11:26 AM

AGF Classifieds...got to stop

Geez, there are a bunch of primo guitars for sale right now. Boutique guitars in that perfect $2500-3000 range.

I need to block that section out of my consciousness.

s2y 08-02-2015 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Br1ck (Post 4589433)
Geez, there are a bunch of primo guitars for sale right now. Boutique guitars in that perfect $2500-3000 range.

Buy a house. That worked perfectly for me. ;)

Pitar 08-02-2015 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s2y (Post 4589445)
Buy a house. That worked perfectly for me. ;)

Yup...errr.. the wife did, anyway. I was perfectly happy under that rock.

pjroberts 08-02-2015 11:55 AM

Yes it's tempting and dangerous. I've bought two there and sold one, and it's almost too easy, especially with w sense of trust here that is absent from many other online markets.

However, I've gotten to point where I have to heed advice from this forum, to play before you buy (of course at the same time the forum ("The Collective") inspires you to buy:-). Usually that means local shops, and I admit I'm probably in one of the better locations for that (Austin, with at least 5 good shops in addition to 3 GCs) ...add the (mostly) electric shops and this place is more dangerous than the forum classfieds. Add them together and it's uncertain doom. I don't hide things from my wife, but I think if she counted she might freak majorily.

nowgibson 08-02-2015 12:31 PM

Lucky I don't live there

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjroberts (Post 4589460)
Yes it's tempting and dangerous. I've bought two there and sold one, and it's almost too easy, especially with w sense of trust here that is absent from many other online markets.

However, I've gotten to point where I have to heed advice from this forum, to play before you buy (of course at the same time the forum ("The Collective") inspires you to buy:-). Usually that means local shops, and I admit I'm probably in one of the better locations for that (Austin, with at least 5 good shops in addition to 3 GCs) ...add the (mostly) electric shops and this place is more dangerous than the forum classfieds. Add them together and it's uncertain doom. I don't hide things from my wife, but I think if she counted she might freak majorily.

If I lived in Austin or even visited I'd be done! Luckily there's not many places here so trying before you buy is not an option...but window shopping in the classifieds is sooo tempting.

zoopeda 08-02-2015 12:55 PM

Brazillian Larivee Dread, oh my!

yoni 08-02-2015 01:00 PM

I know, a month before I joined I went guitar shopping, I had a very set want and found what I wanted easily enough but, had I known the classifieds here would hold such treasure and in my price range...oh man. There are certainly a few I might have chosen from.

leehop71 08-02-2015 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Br1ck (Post 4589433)

Get a filter and let your wife install it with a password.

yoni 08-02-2015 01:37 PM

And I'm getting ready to buy a house so yeah no shopping for me.

devellis 08-02-2015 01:46 PM

I'm never willing to say never but I really don't have much of a craving for anything beyond what I have these days. I haven't browsed the classifieds in quite a while. It does have a better inventory than just about any shop you might find, though.

s2y 08-02-2015 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitar (Post 4589448)
Yup...errr.. the wife did, anyway. I was perfectly happy under that rock.

I'm one bedroom short in my current house with a baby on the way. I'll miss my old mortgage. The new one is bigger and priced as such. Oh well, at least I'll be allowed a guitar room...I think.

llew 08-02-2015 02:32 PM

Good luck with that...I try to stay away from that place at all costs.

rgregg48 08-02-2015 02:50 PM

The problem is it will never end..you will keep going back..and if you give in, you will end up in the soup line.
Some purchases you will be glad you made, others you will regret. The guys who can truly afford it are in the "custom room" showing pics of this year's 7th commission.

guitargabor 08-02-2015 03:33 PM

[ The guys who can truly afford it are in the "custom room" showing pics of this year's 7th commission.[/QUOTE]

Yes, and they as a rule are not the better players:)

sdelsolray 08-02-2015 03:53 PM

The AGF Guitar Classifieds is one the best sources on the Internet for quality instruments, often at fair prices, with a much lower than average scammer index.