The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Show and Tell (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   New Original instrumental: "Maybe Tomorrow" (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=683766)

islandguitar 03-26-2024 12:41 PM

New Original instrumental: "Maybe Tomorrow"

Hi AGF!

This short little tune has been hanging around for a little while now. Finally getting it down as I tweaked things right up to evening of the recording. Played on my Doerr Legacy, CGCGCD tuning, capo#1.
The picture is of my son in law looking over the harbor on a fabulous summer sunset....it seemed to go well for this tune.

Thanks for taking a listen!

roscoe2311 03-26-2024 05:28 PM

Sounds great Fred! CGCGCD is my favorite tuning! Love the crisp and powerful tone of your guitar as well

islandguitar 03-26-2024 08:21 PM

Thank you, Roscoe!! Really appreciate your taking a listen to this one. Yeah, Al P. paved the way for me with this tuning and quite a few of my tunes are in this. For me, his "Broken Mist" is what started it all.
Thanks also on the guitar comment.......the Doerr never seems to let me down....very powerful with some monster tone. And that's how Tom described it from the very moment he strung it up.

Great to hear from you...and thanks once again!
Fred

Jeremy 03-26-2024 11:09 PM

Nice one, Fred!

Glennwillow 03-27-2024 09:11 AM

That was lovely, Fred! Interesting little changes in there that do seem to suggest hopefulness and good thoughts ahead. And that photo of the sunset over the ocean is absolutely wonderful!

It's wonderful to hear your music again, Fred!

- Glenn

islandguitar 03-27-2024 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy (Post 7434265)
Nice one, Fred!

Thank you, Jeremy!! Glad you enjoyed this one!!!

islandguitar 03-27-2024 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glennwillow (Post 7434428)
That was lovely, Fred! Interesting little changes in there that do seem to suggest hopefulness and good thoughts ahead. And that photo of the sunset over the ocean is absolutely wonderful!

It's wonderful to hear your music again, Fred!

- Glenn

Hi Glenn!!
Thanks so much for taking time to listen to this latest tune. As usual my wife contributed to the title! LOL! But, we shortened it to just "Maybe Tomorrow" as it seemed to fit better than the longer version from thinking through the first pass at this. This one is fun to play and really not tiring after many reps which is fortunate!
Thanks again Glenn....great to hear from you!!
Fred

reeve21 03-27-2024 07:54 PM

Hi Fred. It’s great to hear a new tune from you. I like this one, it gets right to the point and has your trademark style. Lovely!

jkant 03-28-2024 07:16 AM

Nice tune! I also love CGCGCD tuning
Bravo

TBman 03-28-2024 08:19 AM

Good one Fred!

islandguitar 03-28-2024 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reeve21 (Post 7434766)
Hi Fred. It’s great to hear a new tune from you. I like this one, it gets right to the point and has your trademark style. Lovely!

Thanks so much, Bob!! So glad you enjoyed this one! It's great that you recognize my "trademark" style......it's something I kind of hope for with these originals....
More to come in the next few weeks!!
Thanks again,
Fred

islandguitar 03-28-2024 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkant (Post 7434879)
Nice tune! I also love CGCGCD tuning
Bravo

Many thanks jkant! I really appreciate your taking time to listen to this piece!!!

rémy64 03-29-2024 06:04 AM

Nice, the sound is excellent

islandguitar 03-29-2024 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBman (Post 7434913)
Good one Fred!

Hi Barry!! Thanks so much for taking a listen and commenting!!!
Enjoy your day!
Fred

Gitfiddlemann 03-29-2024 01:50 PM

Hi Fred,
Nice one! and that tuning really gets your Doerr Legacy rumbling!. Great sounding guitar.
The picture ("Pink sky at night, sailor's delight" ?) does go very well with your tune. There's something uplifting about the way it plays out. :)
Thanks for sharing your latest inspiration.