The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Acoustic Guitar Discussion (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Why did I wonder in a Guitar shop just to look!! (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=440814)

Mr Blues 08-23-2016 06:52 PM

Why did I wonder in a Guitar shop just to look!!

Lol. You guessed what I'm a about to say.
It's so hard walking past a guitar shop and testing things out. Before you know it you have pulled out your credit card and brought ANOTHER guitar. That's what happened today.
I was trying out some Tanglewood. I recently brought a second hand Tanglewood a TW 155st which I wasn't to keen on after playing it a few weeks.
I gave that one away.

Today I tried out 2 Tanglewood and I must say they were impressive.
The first one was a slope shouldered TW 40 with a Fishman Sonitone pick up . That sounding lovely.

The next one I tried was the T W55 op e .The O P stands for Open Pour which is meant to help with the tone and projection.

As soon as I played the first few chords . It had a beautiful ring gas to it. Plugged in was also quite impressive. The pick up is a fishman withe bass treble mids and nocth as well as a tuner.
I gave in and brought it. I didn't know Tanglewood mid range price guitars can be very good. This one is a sure winner. Beautiful open sound to it.

It cost £570. So wasn't cheap but you certainly get what you pay for. Normally around £640.
Dave

JohnW63 08-23-2016 09:54 PM

You went in to look...because we HAVE to just look, right ?

Mr Blues 08-24-2016 12:59 AM

Lol. That's right.:):)

Silly Moustache 08-24-2016 02:02 AM

Confused : are you wondering why you wandered - or did you wander in to wonder ?

Mr Blues 08-24-2016 05:03 AM

No I wandered in to wander and was filled with wonder. Lol.
I tried to be a bit clever with the title but right I have probably confused everyone.

What I am basically saying as one goes into a Guitar shop it's hard not tonly leave after 5 mins, you end up staying for 45 mins and most likely end up buying. Lol.

bluesfreek 08-24-2016 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Blues (Post 5043679)
No I wandered in to wander and was filled with wonder. Lol.
I tried to be a bit clever with the title but right I have probably confused everyone.

What I am basically saying as one goes into a Guitar shop it's hard not only leave after 5 mins, you end up staying for 45 mins and most likely end up buying. Lol.

I hate when that happens!!!....:roll:

Congrats on the new Tanglewood. There was a shop here in my town that sold them and a few years back I almost bought one as well. Very nice guitars for the money.

Mr Blues 08-24-2016 05:37 AM

Hi bluesfreak

Yes the mid price range say £500 up are the better Tanglewoods I recently brought a TW 155st from gumtree although i only paid £160 that one was worth £300 and that particular one didnt6 sound to great. The TW55 was much better and seemed to be solidly built. I love the Fishman preys preamp it came with too.

Dave

DenverSteve 08-24-2016 07:07 AM

So, were you just wondering or were you wandering? Wondering won't cost anything. Wandering can result in several outcomes.

Bill Yellow 08-24-2016 07:32 AM

I always walk out of the shop eventually, empty-handed because they didn't have THE ONE.

Mr Blues 08-24-2016 08:16 AM

Lol. We are forever searching 'The One' :):):)

Orfeas 08-24-2016 08:22 AM

You love guitars and gear Dave. That's why. I have only one guitar that I absolutely cherish and want no other, but I do stop frequently and play guitars that I want to check out just for the fun. Last week, I did a koa experiment and loved it! Not to the point to buy, but I've tried 4 different guitars that one was outstanding.

dphill 08-24-2016 03:10 PM

There is no look, there is only buy.

guitar65riff 08-24-2016 04:09 PM

I'm scared to go in. I'm gradually selling off my vast collection since retiring from the industry.
But I seem to be replacing electrics with acoustics....

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

PTC Bernie 08-24-2016 06:10 PM

Ngd

We don't see too many Tanglewoods on this side of the pond but the ones I Have had the chance to play were pretty darn good guitars for the money.

Mr. Jelly 08-25-2016 05:20 AM

I wouldn't advise going into a strip club.