The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Acoustic Guitar Discussion (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   You won't believe this! (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123233)

SteveS 04-09-2008 09:29 AM

You won't believe this!

Last night I sat down and played my acoustic guitars and had a great time!
Can you believe it?
I was all by myself. I just played and sang by myself for over an hour. Standard tuning, drop D, double drop D, DADGAD - it was all all good.
I played a new baritone. Wow those are fun!

Bottom line. I love acoustic guitars. I love the way they look, the way they smell (cedar!), the way they feel, and most importantly, the way they sound.

Tonight, turn off the computer, find a nice place, and play. :)

Report back here and let us know how you liked it. :guitar:

korby 04-09-2008 09:36 AM

Hhhmmmm ? Not sure if I believe you !;)

mmmaak 04-09-2008 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveS (Post 1444454)
Tonight, turn off the computer, find a nice place, and play. :)

Report back here and let us know how you liked it. :guitar:

Good suggestion, Steve. But I'll be doing exactly the opposite tonight since I've overplayed my fretting hand over the last few days :D

I'll let my Yamaha dehumidify in my instrument closet while I troll....errrr, lurk....the forum :halo:

woodruff 04-09-2008 09:40 AM

i hear this Steve. last night after church band rehearsal and my left wrist was killing me and i got home and still pulled out my wife's J-45 and tried to play some more. ans she was like, "what are you doing, your wrist is going to fall off, you need to rest?!!!" and i was like, "i know, but i love playing, and one day i might not be able to anymore and it could be tomorrow...." etc.....God, please give me one more day to play......His grace knows no bounds!:D

mishmannah 04-09-2008 09:40 AM

banpreso 04-09-2008 09:44 AM

last night i was at a fellowship and was asked to play worship. oh well, i picked up a guitar near by and to my horror it only had 5 strings :eek: the D string broke off a while back and there were no replacement strings

i played it anyways... quite a learning curve. i mean you think you actually just put your finger on where than string should be and play it anyways, but that actually mutes the surrounding strings... so i had to leave my finger off when i was supposed to fret the D string.

interesting.... but it worked out okay

susitna 04-09-2008 10:06 AM

Is this some kind of a test?
:hmm:

Ovaltitan 04-09-2008 10:13 AM

Wow! I couldn't wait until tonight so I tried it as soon as I read Steve's post.

He's right!

I'd like to write more on this but I have little six string to strum.

pukematrix 04-09-2008 10:25 AM

Was the baritone a '46 closet find by chance?

SteveS 04-09-2008 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pukematrix (Post 1444520)
Was the baritone a '46 closet find by chance?

No, it is an '08 Wannabe model. ;)

Bluepoet 04-09-2008 12:58 PM

Well, I do so most every evening, and quite agree...in fact, I feel bad if I can't put a few minutes/hours into playing, every day.

However, tonight, I'll be at the computer...finally about to reach level 55 Night Elf Warrior, in World of Warcraft...the hard way!:cool:

dthumb 04-09-2008 01:02 PM

no doubt..guitars are very cool..all of them.

lately, i've been doing more electric than acoustic and in some odd tunings with or without slide...

i get a "window" between the time i finish work and my wife gets home and relaxed every night when i can go into my "music room", crank up the amp and have at it..ahhhhh..nothing like it (well, except maybe cold beer...)
after she winds down (and i from that) a bit of acoustic blues gets the groove on....;)

GRW3 04-09-2008 02:57 PM

I'm in London, my guitars are in San Antonio...

This suggestion did not help :cry:

D. Dubya 04-09-2008 03:04 PM

That's a great idea!!! But, I'll be at Church playing bass tonite. Next best thing, right?