The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Acoustic Guitar Discussion (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Yamaha guitar..hard to find in person (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=684701)

rstanl2 04-17-2024 11:44 AM

Yamaha guitar..hard to find in person

Where in California could a guy find some Yamaha LL Series guitars to play?
Lots of F,FS,FG, A series, but no LL. Thanks for your help guys !

seaveez 04-17-2024 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rstanl2 (Post 7445702)
Where in California could a guy find some Yamaha LL Series guitars to play?
Lots of F,FS,FG, A series, but no LL. Thanks for your help guys !

If you're close to a Guitar Center, their website has a search feature where you punch in your zip code and see if the guitar is in stock at a store near you. Out of curiosity just did this for a Yamaha LL-TA TransAcoustic Jumbo Concert Acoustic-Electric Guitar Brown Sunburst and this is in stock at two stores in the SF Bay Area.

Hope that helps.

kudama 04-17-2024 01:26 PM

The Guitar Center zip code search is easy and useful. Hopefully there's one near you.

If you're in the Sacramento region, Skip's music and Kline music usually have LL6's in stock. Maybe a LL-TA too. On occasions they may have LL16's too. You can check their websites or call them.

NBMgreg 04-17-2024 01:42 PM

Where in California are you located? There’s a store in Orange County, Irvine Art & Music, that carries all of the high end LL series and usually has a few variants in stock.

L20A 04-17-2024 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NBMgreg (Post 7445768)
Where in California are you located? There’s a store in Orange County, Irvine Art & Music, that carries all of the high end LL series and usually has a few variants in stock.

I bought a Yamaha LL-16D from Irvine Art and Music.
They shipped free to Utah.
I even got a 10% discount off their add price.
Check them out.

abn556 04-17-2024 02:52 PM

I thought I had read somewhere that Yamaha was well behind on getting guitars shipped in from the Far East.

Daveyo 04-17-2024 07:14 PM

Try Charles music in Glendale, California
Last time I was there they had an LL 16
It was exceptional
Neck was a little wide for me
May not be for you
Give them a call

baw3 04-17-2024 11:29 PM

Sweetwater has several of the LL series guitars. The rosewood and the Hog. If you dont like it send it back.

Joseph Hanna 04-18-2024 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NBMgreg (Post 7445768)

Recommend. Great Place. Never heavily stocked with L series but LL aren't hen's teeth there either. Good courteous folks as well.

rstanl2 04-18-2024 01:19 PM

I’m in central California, 3-4 hours to Bay Area …same thing south to LA area. Thanks !

NBMgreg 04-18-2024 02:31 PM

I would just buy one from a place that has a return policy. Based on what I’ve read on this forum, and my own experience, you’ll most likely love any solid wood yamaha that you buy. One of the few brands that I have no issue buying sight unseen.

67goat 04-18-2024 04:58 PM

I don't know if they have any in stock, but Skip's, Barker's and Ingram and Brauns in Modesto are all listed as Yamaha acoustic dealers. I've had good experience at Skip's and Barker's, but that was more than a couple decades ago.

Gottschalk's Music in Merced is also listed.