The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Custom Shop (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Stephen Kinnaird 2024 (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=681895)

nacluth 02-16-2024 12:35 AM

Stephen Kinnaird 2024

We’ve got a lot of really fun things happening this year at our shop, but we thought we’d kick this thread off with a video. A friend of ours, the very talented Steve DeVries, stopped by the shop and graciously sat in front of the camera and noodled and talked. Just a camera, two mics, and no script or double takes. Steve is playing our Bearclaw Italian/Bird’s Eye Maple 000-12 which we’ll be taking to the Artisan show if it doesn’t sell sooner.

We hope you enjoy it, and please check in from time to time to see what wild things we’re up to. Thanks.

TomB'sox 02-16-2024 08:08 AM

That was fun Ryan. Guitar sounds great as always! I wish I sounded like that on my bad days.

difalkner 02-16-2024 08:25 AM

Sounds great, but that's what we expected - right?! ;)

Looking forward to seeing what y'all build this year.

Lonzo 02-16-2024 09:51 AM

..will be checking in from over here, of course…
12 strings going strong ;).. and 6 on maple 🍁 sound and look just as great

nacluth 02-16-2024 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomB'sox (Post 7410724)
That was fun Ryan. Guitar sounds great as always! I wish I sounded like that on my bad days.

Well we might just have to put you on camera for a little interview and jam next time you’re by. :) Thanks Tom!

David we are going to be stretching our boundaries with some of the commissions we have coming up. We’ll try to keep everyone up to date. Of course, you can swing by the shop whenever you want too.

nacluth 02-16-2024 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonzo (Post 7410812)
..will be checking in from over here, of course…
12 strings going strong ;).. and 6 on maple �� sound and look just as great

Thanks Lonzo! Glad your 12 string is doing well. Its replica for someone special is almost done and should be playing in the next few weeks!

Nemoman 02-16-2024 10:33 AM

Sounds great guys--and such a beautiful guitar.

Thanks for brightening up my morning!

Steve Kinnaird 02-16-2024 04:50 PM

Thanks for the kind comments guys. I’ll second Tom’s remark, but change it a bit to say, “I wish I sounded like that on my GOOD days”.

Steve

TomB'sox 02-16-2024 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Kinnaird (Post 7411113)
Thanks for the kind comments guys. I’ll second Tom’s remark, but change it a bit to say, “I wish I sounded like that on my GOOD days”.

Steve

I think I am being misunderstood...he said he was not having his best day playing and he still sounded better then me on my best days. I wish my best days sounded as good as his worst is what I was trying to imply.

Steve Kinnaird 02-16-2024 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomB'sox (Post 7411118)
I think I am being misunderstood...he said he was not having his best day playing and he still sounded better then me on my best days. I wish my best days sounded as good as his worst is what I was trying to imply.

No, no, I got it—and somehow I’m saying the same thing. Or trying to do so.
It is a humbling experience being around a realllly good player. Steve was complaining about arthritis hitting his left hand, and how he really hasn’t played much in the past several years. Then he pulls off stuff like this. That’s when you realize—again—that there is a disproportionate distribution of talent. Some have it in spades. Others of us are only holding a couple of deuces. Ah well, like Mary McKnight says, at least we can make a joyful noise!

cigarfan 02-17-2024 07:04 AM

Oh yeah. I'm sure I will draw a crowd when I play it at Artisan ... NOT!

Nice guitar guys. Beautiful with scrumptious tone! :guitar:

mikealpine 02-17-2024 09:08 AM

Just so effortless! And the guitar sounds warm, rich and beautiful!!

mountainguitar 02-17-2024 10:12 AM

Wow- there is nothing like pairing a gifted player with a top notch instrument! The tone on this guitar is amazing and Steve is puling out so much depth with his playing.

Thanks for sharing this Ryan!

beth

rule18 02-17-2024 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cigarfan (Post 7411372)
Oh yeah. I'm sure I will draw a crowd when I play it at Artisan ... NOT!

Nice guitar guys. Beautiful with scrumptious tone! :guitar:

I regularly draw a crowd when I play. Weird though, instead of lighters and glowing phones they're usually holding torches and pitchforks. That's good, right? :confused:

Nice guitar!

Guitars44me 02-17-2024 10:58 AM

What Beth said!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainguitar (Post 7411502)
Wow- there is nothing like pairing a gifted player with a top notch instrument! The tone on this guitar is amazing and Steve is puling out so much depth with his playing.

Thanks for sharing this Ryan!

beth

I second Beth!!! Wonderful sound and playing both.

And the guitar is sure Beautiful too!!!

Nice going gents

Paul