The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Acoustic Guitar Discussion (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Why do I need another guitar? (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224744)

lepusekuka 08-12-2011 05:16 AM

Why do I need another guitar?

Why is it that I feel that I need another guitar to be happy !!! And I know that after getting it... I will feel this way again in a few months from now... AHHH !!! I need help :cry:

jmjohnson 08-12-2011 05:22 AM

Because we like guitars, and there are so many good ones worth having. One alone can only keep you satisfied for so long.

Embrace the GAS.

Greg Curtis 08-12-2011 05:24 AM

Its called GAS & its natural for a guitarist...

HHP 08-12-2011 05:28 AM

Maybe you aren't buying guitars that really satisfy you. Buy better guitars.

srderby 08-12-2011 05:30 AM

Don't worry. According to Dr. Emil Schuffhausen that "need" to buy one more guitar will go away once you buy the next one. Trust me on this...

Rudals 08-12-2011 05:47 AM

My GAS ended when I bought a new 916ce...I...I think it's gone...it's only been 2 weeks though.:D

fenderball 08-12-2011 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srderby (Post 2721965)
Don't worry. According to Dr. Emil Schuffhausen that "need" to buy one more guitar will go away once you buy the next one. Trust me on this...

HAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

00Buck 08-12-2011 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lepusekuka (Post 2721952)
Why is it that I feel that I need another guitar to be happy !!! And I know that after getting it... I will feel this way again in a few months from now... AHHH !!! I need help :cry:

You know, I have the same problem with breathing. Seems like no matter how many breaths I take, I still need another. I've learned to live with it.

Kerbie 08-12-2011 06:53 AM

Because we can never have enough! :D

dannylightning 08-12-2011 07:03 AM

my advince is go out and play as many guitars as you can, you will figure out which one it is you really want. dont worry about the blink and how good the wood on the guitar looks and things like this. go by the sound.

save up your money and get the guitar that you just fell in love with and you may not want more guitars, i got my taylor and i got my martin and after i got the D-28 i have lost all desire to buy any thing else. i was wanting to get a taylor 414 but i have 2 nice guitars that sound great, in is nice and bright and one is nice and bassy i have all i need as far as acoustic guitars go.

i would not mind getting a gold top lespaul but i just cant spend 3500 bucks on a electric guitar which i would only play occasionally. maybe one day ill find a used one thats not crazy expensive but until i do i am happy with what i got.

PorkPieGuy 08-12-2011 07:18 AM

I'm assuming you are being serious, so here goes...

You need to clearly define for yourself the difference between needs and wants. I usually don't want anything unless it serves a specific purpose in my music.

Something that helps is not using credit cards. Before I bought my last guitar, I had the money in cash...literally. I spent days looking at the small stack of $100 bills and thinking about what all could be done with that money before taking the plunge. I think I probably enjoy my guitar more than most because I'll never forget that visual of holding that money and thinking about what I had to do to get there. My guitar is precious to me. Yup, there are more expensive ones out there, but I love mine (Taylor GC8).

Joe M 08-12-2011 08:08 AM

Quote:

You've got to learn the difference between "need" and "want"....nobody needs another guitar, but we all want the next one.....:D

ljguitar 08-12-2011 08:15 AM

Quote:

Hi lepusekuka…
I don't know why. Not sure what you said is true.

I have always been fortunate, and have enjoyed having 3-4 guitars around (each really different from the others). This allows me to alternate tune one and learn new things, and gives me a backup if one is in for adjustment or repair.

For me a key to 'happiness' - or perhaps satisfaction is a better term - has always been to have good enough guitars that nothing else I play is going to inspire me more.

prusaw 08-12-2011 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00Buck (Post 2722035)
You know, I have the same problem with breathing. Seems like no matter how many breaths I take, I still need another. I've learned to live with it.

Sometimes it just feels this way, doesn't it :-))) good one...

jimmy bookout 08-12-2011 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rudals1281 (Post 2721980)
My GAS ended when I bought a new 916ce...I...I think it's gone...it's only been 2 weeks though.:D

Dreamer!!!!!